Should I use one web server - Apache?

Lorifru33

Hello!

Will the speed drop dramatically if you abandon NGINX and use one web server - Apache? Instead of Apache + NGINX bundle? On a mid-range VPS, plain text site on WordPress?

Thank you all in advance for your answers!

STIVEN

No problem.
You can set the apache mode apache event mpm and then you will have an analogue of nginx. The essence is the same.

Or apache prefork + FastCGI will give great results too.

Varetananestt

Hello!

Will the speed drop dramatically if you abandon NGINX and use one web server - Apache? Instead of Apache + NGINX bundle? On a mid-range VPS, plain text site on WordPress?

Thank you all in advance for your answers!

The question is what is the reason for refusing nginx and can it be solved?

Lorifru33

The question is what is the reason for refusing nginx and can it be solved?

I have a simpler question, is it possible to use one web server instead of two, three. But whether it will be worse / better than in conjunction with NGINX, it may be the same in terms of performance, and I use two web servers, that's what I'm interested in.

I understand that this can probably all be redone, but WordPress entry point, 301 redirect redirect, Wordfence for pre-loading WAF, file / section locking and other settings in .htaccess.

And what would be my tragedy of abandoning NGINX. For example, if this is a loss of 50% of productivity, then I would say yes it is bad, but it may be about 1% or in general everything will work exactly the same.

And there is no refusal, everything works fine for me in this bundle, but there are some reflections when switching to a new VPS server, and whether two web servers are needed again and why not one.