Implementing a Captcha Solver Extension for Chrome

Madi

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to develop a Chrome extension that can assist in solving captchas automatically. The goal is to create a tool that can be useful for various tasks where frequent captcha solving is required. I'm familiar with basic Chrome extension development, but I'm unsure how to approach the captcha solving part.

Does anyone have experience or insights on how to develop a captcha solver that can be integrated into a Chrome extension? Any advice on the technologies or APIs that would be helpful for this project?

Also, I'd appreciate any sample code or resources that could guide me in the right direction.

Thanks a lot!

Rumen

Developing a captcha solver for a Chrome extension is a challenging but interesting project. Here are some steps and tips to get you started:

1. Understand the Types of Captchas: There are various types of captchas (like image-based, text-based, reCAPTCHA, etc.). Your solution might need to handle multiple types.
  2. Use Third-party APIs: For complex captchas, especially like Google's reCAPTCHA, you might consider using third-party captcha solving services like Anti-Captcha, DeathByCaptcha, or 2Captcha. These services provide APIs which you can integrate into your extension.
  3. Implementing in Your Extension: You'll need to write scripts that detect captcha on a webpage and then send it to the chosen captcha solving service. Once the solution is received, the script should input it back into the captcha field.
  4. JavaScript and Background Scripts: Use JavaScript for the logic of your extension. You'll likely need to use background scripts to handle requests to and from the captcha solving service.
  5. Respect Legal and Ethical Boundaries: Always remember that bypassing captchas might violate the terms of service of websites and can have legal implications.
Here's a basic structure of how your JavaScript code in the extension might look:

JavaScript:
chrome.webRequest.onCompleted.addListener(
    function(details) {
        // Detect captcha challenge in the web request
        // ...

// Send request to captcha solving service
        // ...

// Retrieve and input captcha solution
        // ...
    },
    {urls: ["<all_urls>"]}, // Modify according to your needs
    ["responseHeaders"]
);

This is a very simplified view of what you need to do. You'll have to handle the specifics based on the type of captcha and the service you're using.

Hope this helps you get started on your project!