How to Implement Captcha Bypass in Puppeteer for Web Scraping?

Natali

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on a web scraping project using Puppeteer in Node.js. I've encountered a roadblock with websites that have captcha challenges. Can anyone suggest a reliable method to bypass captcha in Puppeteer? Preferably, I would like a solution that integrates seamlessly into my existing Puppeteer script.

If possible, could you provide a snippet of code illustrating how this can be implemented?

Thank you for your help!

Bronya

Hello,

Bypassing captcha can be challenging, but there are several approaches you might consider when using Puppeteer. Here's one way to do it:

1. Use a Captcha Solving Service: There are services like 2Captcha that offer automated solutions for captcha solving. You can integrate these services into your Puppeteer script.
  2. Automate the Captcha Solving Process: Puppeteer can be used to detect captcha on a webpage and then send the captcha image to a captcha solving service. Once the solution is received, Puppeteer can input the solution back into the website.
Here's a basic code snippet to illustrate this process using Puppeteer and an external captcha solving service:

JavaScript:
const puppeteer = require('puppeteer');
const { solveCaptcha } = require('some-captcha-solving-service'); // This is a placeholder for the actual captcha service module

async function bypassCaptcha() {
    const browser = await puppeteer.launch();
    const page = await browser.newPage();
    await page.goto('https://example.com'); // Replace with your target URL

// Code to detect captcha and extract image or key here
    // ...

const captchaSolution = await solveCaptcha(captchaKeyOrImage);
    await page.type('#captcha_input', captchaSolution); // Replace '#captcha_input' with the actual selector

// Continue with your scraping or interaction
    // ...

await browser.close();
}

bypassCaptcha();

Hope this helps!