WordPress is now used by 39.6% of all sites

CAPTCHAFORUM

Administrator
Currently, 39.6% of all sites on the Internet are powered by WordPress. In the content management systems market, the share of this CMS is 64.1%. This is evidenced by the latest data from W3Techs, which analyzes 10 million sites from the Amazon Alexa ranking.

In 2018, WordPress was used by 30% of sites, and its share of the CMS market was 60.2%. In 2020, these were 35% of sites.

At the same time, a significant proportion of sites do not use any of the monitored CMS - 38.3%.

The top 10 content management systems according to W3Techs at the beginning of 2021 also includes Shopify (3.2%), Joomla (2.2%), Drupal (1.5%), Wix (1.5%), Squarespace ( 1.5%), Bitrix (1%), Blogger (1%), Magento (0.7%) and OpenCart (0.6%).

2021-01-06_10h47_15__9bb10544[1].png

JasonCurtis

It's crazy to see how much it's grown over the years, becoming a powerhouse in the CMS world. Personally, I've tinkered with WordPress for a while now, and its versatility never ceases to amaze me. But hey, it's not just about the numbers, right? It's about the community and the endless possibilities it brings. Speaking of which, if anyone's into WordPress management or looking to dive deeper into it, I recently stumbled upon this cool site, frogstonemedia.com. They've got some neat resources and tips for WordPress enthusiasts like us. As for the other CMS platforms mentioned, they definitely have their niches, but there's something special about WordPress that keeps pulling people in.

Last edited: